story by Jalin Ernest
With Valentine’s Day closely approaching (Feb. 14), many couples look to take the cheaper approach for a thoughtful gift. For some, less may mean more. But during this time of love and compassion, the thought is what counts the most.
- Great Escape Movie Theater (Clarksville, Ind.): At $11.50 per person for a regular 2D movie, it’s not the cheapest, but it’s the easiest. To cut costs and save money, get your candy from a store away from the theater. Make sure to choose your movie prior to your arrival because when you get there, choosing your movie may be harder than it seems.
- Steak and Shake (Clarksville, Ind.): This may be as close as it gets to cheap at a sit-down restaurant. Milkshakes are a little pricey, but very much worth it. With a menu of meals under $4, you may not beat it at any other restaurant.
- Eastern Lanes ( Clarksville, Ind.): Who doesn’t love bowling? It is an easy idea, maybe even a last minute plan that can work for a lot of people. With a special on Friday and Saturday nights from 9:30 pm to 12:30 am you can get shoes and a lane ( a maximum of 3 people ) for $11 per person.
- Flowers: What girl wouldn’t like flowers with a nice little message attached to them. You can get flowers from anywhere, Walgreens, Meijers, Krogers, probably even Rural King. If you need t just throw something together get you some flowers and a one dollar card and write a nice message and she will love it.
- Chocolate: Because … why not?
- Teddy Bear: Every girl needs someone to cuddle with when her boyfriend isn’t around. They come in many sizes and you can get them from Walgreens, CVS, and Meijer. Some of them may not be the cheapest but any girl would love to have them and would be thankful that you got them one.